Technology development in this area of underground construction has remained quite static until recently. Conventional sheet membranes are the norm, but are often susceptible to leakages that are notoriously difficult to rectify. Furthermore, they are unsuitable for complex tunnel shapes.
In response to industry demand, BASF has developed a new spray applied waterproofing membrane that can simply be applied in a sandwich construction between sprayed or cast concrete shells. As there is sufficient bond strength, the spray applied membrane facilitates the construction of single shell linings, but also mitigates the risk of water ingress by eliminating potential water paths. The secret to waterproofing lies in the excellent bonding properties between the membrane and concrete. In combination with our Injection Technology, MEYCO offers clients a unique Waterproofing package.
MASTERSEAL 345 spray applied waterproofing membrane has the following features:
- Ideal waterproofing system for tunnels having complex geometry
- Easy and safe to spray using dry powder spray pumps
- 100 m² per hour application rate with two operatives
- Fast curing within a few hours
- No specialist installation teams required
- Excellent bond strength to concrete and steel
- Sprayed concrete can be easily applied to membrane
- Can form integral part of monolithic lining structure
- Can resist 15 bar water pressure
Please see our latest reference Hindhead